This delicious and easy 20-minute honey garlic shrimp is our new family fave. It’s quick, very simple, and delivers big flavor. Serve with your favorite rice (I like brown rice) and veggies or over a salad, this healthy dish is sure to join your weekly rotation.
What you need:
- 1/3 cup Hapa Honey/Wildflower
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I usually use reduced sodium)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (I love it!)
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional for garnish: chopped green onion
How to make it:
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl. You will use half for the marinade in step 2 and half for cooking the shrimp in step 3.
- Place shrimp in a large sealable container or zipped-top bag. Pour 1/2 of the marinade/sauce mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I usually steam broccoli and microwave some quick brown rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade.) Cook shrimp on one side until pink, about 45 seconds, then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade/sauce and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed vegetables on the side.